5 Tips for the Best Cheese Plate
1. Make sure you have enough cheese: We recommend ¼ lb of cheese per guest – that’s just four bites!
2. Don’t confuse your guests: 3-4 selections of cheese is the maximum
3. Pair wisely: one kind of cracker or bread; one kind of seasonal fruit; one kind of jam or honey; perhaps some interesting nuts. That’s it!
4. Serve it uniquely: use a wooden serving board, a specially made slate, or a beautiful platter and don’t forget that each cheese needs its own serving knife!
5. Choose a theme: explore one kind of genre (think triple crème); choose a milk and showcase its range (sheep’s milk cheese from creamy to aged); or highlight a particular region (cheese from the Pyrenees)